We will do everything to make sure your rental experience is a success and that you will have a great time. In order to ensure that you know exactly what our (and your) responsibilities are, please read the following terms and conditions.
1. Use of the bicycle
The renter accepts the bicycle in good condition, and commits himself/herself to return the bike in equally good condition, and to ride the bike respecting the rules and obligations outlined in Spain’s laws, as well as committing himself/herself:
1. Not to adjust or manipulate the mechanical parts of the bicycle.
2. To park the bike in a manner that is safe, not againts stoney walls and in a place where theft is minimized
3. To return the bike to Gomera Cycling at the time and date indicated on the contract.
4. To be responsible for any loss or damage to the equipment which, at all times, remains the exclusive property of Gomera Cycling. In case the equipment is lost, destroyed or damaged beyond repair in the judgement of Gomera Cycling, the renter agrees to pay Gomera Cycling the value to replace the equipment. The replacement charge will be determined by Gomera Cycling and charged at the time of the rental.
Rentals and tours are available between 9 am and 7 pm, from Monday to Sunday. The return of all equipment must be made during this period or an additional day will be charged for each day’s late return.
2. Charges for use / Insurance
We recommend that you are adequately insured. We cannot be responsible for your own illness or injury or for damage or loss of your personal belongings while on a ride or tour. It is also recommended that this insurance cover you in the event of cancelation of your trip.
The renter agrees to pay for the rental of the bike and any additional fee that is applicable for any mistreatment of the bicycle. In case a part of the bicycle is broken because of mistreatment, lost or stolen, the following additional fees will be charged:
a) Ebikes lost/stolen: 450€ – Sadle: 25€ – Light: 15€ – Lock: 30€ – wheel: 45€
b) Road bike: 1.500€ – Sadle: 50€ – wheel: 250€
The customer is the only responsible of the bike. There is no insurance available for these bikes. We only have a general liability insurance.
3. Repairs and maintenance
In case of a breakdown, don’t abandon the bicycle. You should contact us immediately to arrange for the exchange of a bicycle of equivalent or superior quality. All repairs needed as a result of the use of the equipment including all parts, shall be paid by the renter.
4. Accidents and release of liability
The client agrees that he/she will release Pedal Bike Rental from any and all responsibility of liability for injuries or damages to the user of the equipment listed on this form or to any other person.
The client accepts for full responsibility for the care of this equipment and thereby agrees to freely and expressly assume and accept any risks and all injury to the user of this equipment while bicycling.
5. Cancellation Policy
If a scheduled tour/rental is cancelled due to poor weather conditions such as heavy rain, customers may reschedule their booking for another date.
In all other cases of cancellation, credit/refund will be available to costumers that only notify us via email or telephone at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled tour/rental.
Please read carefully:
1. Do not leave the bike unattended. Locks deter theft but they do not prevent all theft from happening.
2. Lock the front wheel, frame and steel support under seats.
3. Make sure to return the key with the lock when you’re done with the bicycle.
Confirmation of Acceptance
By renting a bike or participating in an Pedal tour, you are acknowledging that you have read our terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by them.
Terms & Condtions
Of course the rental price includes the “no-worries” full service package:
Bicycle tire inflator
General liability insurance
Shimano clipless pedals on request
Explore More on 2 Wheels!